Your best remedy for fleas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your best remedy for fleas?

Post  SchnauzkyLVR on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:56 pm

Just wanted to see what everone does to get rid of fleas.. mine just got some Sad
SchnauzkyLVR

Back to top Go down

Re: Your best remedy for fleas?

Post  MsBritmor on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:50 am

I have used Advantage on mine when they have gotten fleas. The joys of grooming other people's dogs that come into my house.... Every few years someone seems to bring them in here.

Pedigree indicates what the animal should be.
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be.
But performance indicates what the animal actually is.
-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Szende on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:31 pm

I use Advantage also or sometimes Frontline, usually I change them. Can anyone tell me why is my dog scratching ONLY at the region of his mouth and the lateral side of his face? It is really sad, because he has no external or internal parasites.
Szende

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:27 pm

have you checked inside his mouth? he could have something caught in his teeth, an abcess, broken tooth etc etc.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 pm

I use frontline or advantix on neck one time by month but not during the year. when i don't use it i gave powder of garlic an food ! Very Happy
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtravaschnauza on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Our dogs eat garlic and we never get fleas. I do use Exspot however during the spring and summer to prevent mites which are really common here in the coastal region, and that would kill off any fleas, too. I have used Frontline and Bayvantine, I am not sure if the latter is available internationally.
Xtravaschnauza

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:39 pm

i use frontline too! Smile
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 pm

blacknwhite wrote:i use frontline too! Smile

Frontline must be really good and famous for miniature schnauzers. I use it too on my dogs too! Hehe! FRONTLINE Plus for Dogs Flea And Tick Treatment provides fast, effective and convenient treatment and control of fleas and ticks for dogs and puppies.
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  VeronicaA on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:22 pm

These 4 simple steps will kill and keep fleas away. 1) Put Borax on carpets leave on for about 15 min then vacuum. 2) Wash anything that can be washed in hot water, including dog pillows, collars, blankets,anything 4) Wash your dog with Dawn dish soap, make sure to start at your dogs head and work your way to the feet leaving the soap on until you have completly covered the dog in dawn dish soap. Make sure to get between the toes. 4) Finish up by applying some Frontline to keep those fleas away for good.

VeronicaA

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks for the tip, VeronicaA. Have you heard about applying coffee for skin allergies? I don't want to try it to my dogs; especially coffee is known to be a poison for dogs. That is if taken/eaten. Has anyone tried this? Is it a fact and is it effective? My miniature schnauzer dog, Alex, had allergy before but I used the Frontline since it was what my vet asked me to buy for Alex.
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  saytinh on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:28 pm

If you observe your cat scratching, check to make sure that fleas are the source of your problem. Fleas can be hard to spot and your cat may be suffering from an allergy or other pest that flea remedies will not treat.

saytinh

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:54 pm

I use nothing..
My dogs walk every day in the woods,but no fleas here Smile
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:06 am

Oatmeal soap is a great way to remove those fleas. This is another way in removing fleas rather than the conventional flea powder. It will keep your giant schnauzers flea-free.
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  jamessmith4152 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:22 am

Hello,

Please...I am a vet tech and Garlic in any form is poisonus to your dog it can cause renal failure. what i use is plain ivory soap mixed with lavender from my plant. also for carpets n bedding.. i take the fresh sprigs of lavender add some water heat to a boil then cool. put it in a spray bottle with lemon juice and spray everywhere. also equal parts of borax and salt mixed in a shaker is great for carpeting. you will need to leave it on the carpet for 24 hrs. repeat every 3 days for 3 weeks. also bathe your dog twice a week for 3 weeks and poof! they are gone without harsh chemicals that may harm ur dog or you!

Thanks,

indian events

jamessmith4152

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:09 am

I use regular flea powder and it's still effective and safe than strong flea remover products. I also use oatmeal soap to regain the healthy skin of my miniature and giant schnauzers.
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top