Theet problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Theet problems

Post  snasapjasa on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:57 pm

Have you had any porblems with puppy teeth when they are falling out, like when they are not coming out, just stuck. Well i had this problem and the thooth just didnt go. Is this common?
Ive heard that this is more common that is known to be talked about, some breeders are not willing to talk about problems and so on.
But pleas i need more info on this, so i would be glad from reciving reply here, ore by personal message.

Last edited by snasapjasa on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Re: Theet problems

Post  blacknwhite on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:10 am

i bred a dog who retained his two front teeth on the upper jaw. he will have them removed when he is neutered.
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:15 am

It's not uncommon for teeth to be retained in most small breeds, especially the canine teeth.

If they are still in their solid when the adult tooth is about half way through, it is best to get the vet to remove the tooth before the adult teeth get pushed out of alignment.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Yes I have it also somethimes with my puppy's.
Latoya has al her new theeths but only the molar wouldn't get out....
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Jo wrote:It's not uncommon for teeth to be retained in most small breeds, especially the canine teeth.

If they are still in their solid when the adult tooth is about half way through, it is best to get the vet to remove the tooth before the adult teeth get pushed out of alignment.
Unfortunately the new owners just thought they would drop out and all the adult teeth are already through and consequently the adult teeth are squashing the two baby teeth together as oviously there isnt enough room for all the adult teeth plus a couple of baby teeth so now i think the vet has advised they have them removed when they neuter.
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  snasapjasa on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:23 pm

OK yes i know its best to let the vet take them out as soon as you see the adult teeth coming down.
But we have like 3-4 show minis from diffrient breeders that are shown here regulary with theet that did not come right becouse of this. Somethimes the judge is ok with this and sometimes they give them very good ore Disqualefied(but not often just one judge). Cristina Rosser was the only judge that Disqualafied all the dogs that did not have straight theet, and most of them had schissor bite.
Is it worth showing a dog like this ore waste of money? Does anyone have expiriance from this.
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 pm

i am sorry i cant advise you on this as i dont know anything about showing dogs or judging in your country. Surprised
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:56 pm

It is worth getting to know the judges preferences! Some judges would never put up a dog with any sort of mouth fault, some judges like to count every tooth in the dogs head others just want to check the bite is OK and are more concerned with structure......
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Retained puppy teeth can be a problem with miniature schnauzers.... at least in this country. When I place a puppy, I always tell the new owner to watch for this and to start trying to wiggle those baby teeth every day once everything starts to loosen up. Occasionally teeth DO have to be pulled when the dog is neutered, but I personally have never had to do this. (I require my pet puppies to be neutered.) When my puppies start to teeth, I give them very hard things to chew on.

This is not much of a problem when I sell a show-quality dog as I usually will not place the dog until after the adult teeth are in. This happens more in the case of a male, as I want to be sure that I feel he will remain in size before he leaves. This avoids heartbreak for the new owner... and pain in the.... ahhh... backside for me since I always guarantee that a show-quality dog WILL be showable, or it will be replaced at a pet-quality price.

Some judges will fault crooked teeth, and others will go so far as to overlook slightly improper bites... it all depends on the other qualities and faults of the individual dog.

Pedigree indicates what the animal should be.
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be.
But performance indicates what the animal actually is.
-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:45 am

Teething is a normal thing for pups. Their new teeth are growing that's why the old teeth are falling off. This is manifested by excessive biting and chewing.
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top