View previous topic View next topic Go down

What veggies do you feed your dog?

Post  SchnauzkyLVR on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:34 pm

I started to give mine carrot and sometimes peas as a treat. Smile
SchnauzkyLVR

Back to top Go down

Re: What veggies do you feed your dog?

Post  D'el casa di Vita on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Carrot can give the coat a red collor.....
Here get the dogs everything...also food from the table,what we eat.
And several treats...and bones. Very Happy
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtravaschnauza on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Our dogs get veggies every day. I use spinach, broccoli, lettuce, parsley, cauliflower, apples, bananas, berries (blueberries, cloudberries, blackberries, currants, raspberries) and small amounts of carrots, beans, peas, tomatoes and oranges. All crushed to fine pulp, otherwise the dogs digestive system can not make any good use of them due to the cellulose walls in the cells.

During the summertime, I pick a lot of herbs and other greenstuffs that grow around here which are really healthy. I also use a lot of kelp and garlic.
Xtravaschnauza

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:43 pm

My dogs (Miniature Schnauzer, Shih Tzu and Golden Retriever) love vegetables. Actually, I have seen my dogs nibbling on green leaves or grass in the backyard. Dogs are driven by instinct to seek out greens to supplement their diet. Greens are good for the dog's digestive system and overall health. I usually give them Spinach, Broccoli, Celery, Cayenne Peppers, and Carrots.

Spinach is loaded with iron. Broccoli is a good source of vitamin C, folic acid, calcium and fiber. Celery contains phosphorous, sodium, iron, vitamins A, B and C, calcium and potassium. Cayenne peppers have three times the amount of vitamin C as oranges or lemons. Carrots are one of the healthiest vegetables for dogs. Carrots are high in beta carotene. This vegetable also contain several vitamins, including vitamins B, C and D, along with riboflavin, calcium, phosphorous, potassium and iron. Carrots are also great for maintaining healthy eyes.

Note: A NO-NO for onions and garlic. They can be toxic to dogs.
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregory456 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Raw diets for dogs have become more popular, more dog owners have started to give their dog raw food, including fruits and vegetables and veggies. Raw and even cooked fruits and vegetables and veggies are great for dogs. They provide them with extra mineral and supplements.

Gregory456

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top