American vs UK Grooming Style

View previous topic View next topic Go down

American vs UK Grooming Style

Post  MoonStr80 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Can you tell me the difference in grooming standard style how you do it in UK. Only difference is I notice is the eye brows are longer then American's Miniature Schnauzer grooming style

If you would comparison with pictures & details
Thanx
MoonStr80

Back to top Go down

Re: American vs UK Grooming Style

Post  Jo on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 am

I wouldn't say there is much difference at all, especially these days. there is generally a pretty strong american style influence on the grooming.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:57 am

MoonStr80 wrote:Can you tell me the difference in grooming standard style how you do it in UK. Only difference is I notice is the eye brows are longer then American's Miniature Schnauzer grooming style
Thanx

That's interesting, because I would say that many here tend to leave eyebrows longer than I've seen in the UK (photos).

Speaking of eyebrows.... I was just thinking about this as I looked at someone's recent photos here. Why is it that the Italians don't really have eyebrows, but have what I call a "fall" instead (like Soft-Coated Wheaten Terriers or Kerry Blue Terriers)?

Pedigree indicates what the animal should be.
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be.
But performance indicates what the animal actually is.
-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonStr80 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:32 am

Interesting. I too think they're both pretty similar! I'm not fond of the long eye brows I usually cut them down I do leave the beard long though
MoonStr80

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite on Mon May 10, 2010 12:09 am

i think some of it is personal choice regarding eyebrows in the UK, i know some kennels seem to prefer short and sharp looking eyebrows, i personally have long eyebrows like the european style but still split like the UK style so a bit of a mix of both but all accross europe they seem to have a full mono brow. I think there is a difference in UK and american styles of chest isn't there? i am sure i read somewhere here about how the two styles differ? maybe i have just imagined that though Very Happy
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  SchnauzkyLVR on Wed May 12, 2010 1:04 am

oh interesting..i had no idea there were differences. thanks for posting this up and sharing! i had no idea.
SchnauzkyLVR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top