Long tails

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Long tails

Post  Jo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:52 pm

Just wondering how those of you with full tail dogs are grooming them. Do you strip the tail all over, clip parts of it or use scissors to keep the tail tidy?
Jo

Back to top Go down

Re: Long tails

Post  ravenstot on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:36 am

I strip from top and sides, and clip from down. I suppose it quite same, as with cropped, but a bit more work ))))). On the show I have seen different models. Some groomer just clip it all over. I clip from downside, and make it look nice with Thinning shears on the sides and top. Also I try to make it almost same thickness from about 1/3 up to the end, that it will not look like rat's tale.
ravenstot

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:45 am

Thank you.

Do you strip the tail to be about the same length as the back or will it depend more on the thickness of the tail?

If the tails curls more over the back, would you try to stip the underside?
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  ravenstot on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:01 pm

When I strip all dog - I strip tail same time. And than back and tail are both bold lol!
But when I do tail for show - I try to make coat on the topside almost same length as on the body. Even if tail goes to the back, I clip it shortly from downside, otherwise it's not neat. Smth like on this picture:
ravenstot

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Thank you. I have my first b/s with a tail, so I've been wondering what to do with it!
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top