SCHNAUZER DATABASE WITH EYE CHECKS - positive/neg.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SCHNAUZER DATABASE WITH EYE CHECKS - positive/neg.

Post  sternenhoch on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi all, we had been thinking to make worldwide, or at least european database of all eye checked dogs - with possibility to seek siblings, offspring and also line of descendancy would be usefull as many of the dogs are carriers. As you may be know me and Lukas are working on new version of Schnauzer page, where the database would be included.
Today is problem that even people have positive dogs, they still have the naughtyness to publish their dogs as negative and use them in breeding anyway, without informations can breeders continue to use these dogs and let these problems go ahead.

Can we count with help from all of you here? Because without informations whole project is felling a part.

Who can offer datas about eyechecks in their country? Or any idea how to collect these infos on one place, where all of us can use it?

Knizete Sternenhocha Miniature Schnauzers

sternenhoch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: SCHNAUZER DATABASE WITH EYE CHECKS - positive/neg.

Post  D'el casa di Vita on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Oh it is a great idee.
Maybe you can make contact to the dutch schnauzer club....they get all the ECVO test,from the oganisation.
Or maybe the http://www.raadvanbeheer.nl/index.php?id=1519&L=1

When the club will send it to the schnauzerclub ot will be free to give all information....sadly they don't put it on the magazine Rolling Eyes

D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  Nina on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:52 am

Here in Finland, we have this information in Finnish kennel club database. I think there is no english version. I'm still sure that somebody can translate these informations. In Finland, we can't register puppies without parents are eye checked.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:24 pm

In the UK all eye tests are printed in the Breed Records Supplement every 3 months, individual results are available on the KC website if you know the dogs exact registered name or number.

With some help I think your database is a great idea, but how will you confirm positive dogs if the owner is claiming them to be negative?
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  snasapjasa on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:36 pm

This is a very good idea. If this should become a reality and act as expected, i think it is very important to work with the Kennel-clubs in each country so the Database could be more accurate.
We have a database in Iceland and im sure many contrys have it as well.
Good luck

snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 am

This is a great idea. This will surely help many giant schnauzer lovers. I will do everything to help.
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top