Scissors- which are the best?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scissors- which are the best?

Post  leepa on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:54 pm

I'm curious which scissors do you use. I heared that special scissors for dogs becomes blunt very quickly, no matter that tey're very expensive. But I also know people who just love their scissors(wchich were made for dogs).

How do you cut? I know some people using long scissors and some using only thinners (normal scissors fot ears and eyebrows).

What do you think about- EHASO, Weltmeister, RoseLine ?
leepa

Back to top Go down

Re: Scissors- which are the best?

Post  Jo on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:33 pm

I love my Roseline scissors, I have a variety of lengths. I use them in my grooming shop and they stay sharp for a long time, I tend to get them sharpened about once a year, these are in daily use. I will only use straight scissors that have the micro-serraction along one blade, as they grip the hair much better for cutting. The main thing for keeping scissors sharp are 1. never let anyone else use them, we all use different pressures and wear them in a particular way, when someone else uses them they alter the wear and form blunt sections along the blade. 2. always cut a coat that is just bathed and dried, dirty coats blunt scissors fast. 3. Keep the scissors well oiled at the screw and have the tension set so they are easy for you to use. 4 never drop the scissors, this will bend the blade and form blunt spot much quicker and make them harder to open/close.

I use double sided thinners which I have had well over 20 years and they still do a great job. I use them to blend in the stripped to clipped areas.

Legs, skirt and head I use the straight scissors.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  leepa on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Thank you for professional advice ;] Hm... year.. good Wink
leepa

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:29 pm

My 7-1/2" Roselines are also my favorites. I only use them for finishing; something else is used to rough in dirty coats.

Pedigree indicates what the animal should be.
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be.
But performance indicates what the animal actually is.
-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Curved scissors are also very helpful for doing round feet, shaping the forechest and cutting in the shape on the rear legs.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  leepa on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:47 pm

interesting, thank you ;] but now I have to get used to normal scissors, I'm in the very beginning Very Happy
leepa

Back to top Go down

Chris Christensen

Post  Leah~N~Vader on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:51 am

I started with duck dubl 8 inch straight and the 36 tooth thinning shears. Was good to start out with them as price very reasonable. I have now purchased both the 10 inch Chris Christensen, and the 10 inch Curved Chris Christensen and love them both. Very clean and professional cut. The length of scissors I love as so nice on finishing the legs. The thinning shears 46 tooth I also bought from Chris Christensen, and LOVE them.. theyare the best investment I have made . Would strongly suggest them. Also CC gives them a life time warranty and will sharpen for life... you can't beat that...
Leah~N~Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:32 am

Leah~N~Vader wrote:Also CC gives them a life time warranty and will sharpen for life... you can't beat that...

Someone told me he does that (lifetime warranty) with brushes, too, and I talked to him at a show and he didn't, and was a huge ASS about it. Because of his attitude, I will never buy another (overpriced) thing from him. I would be very leary about that "sharpening for life", etc. He certainly wouldn't do it for free.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:51 am

I use roseline scissors and find them brilliant!
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  leepa on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Has anyone ever used GEIB ENTREE 8,5'' ? http://www.istore.com.pl/prods/664309.JPG

And.. could anyone compare them with Roseline? Especially with this 8,25: http://www.istore.com.pl/prods/337899.jpg

Aaaand... Could you please tell me the diameter of the..hole for thumb in them (I mean in inside; both Geib and Roseline) Very Happy
I want to buy one by the Internet and I don't know what to choose. I have small and quite short fingers so it's important for me to have scissors with small holes for fingers and with offset grip. When I have my 8" Ehaso with opposing grip I had problems with opening them at first and now I can't work with them very quickly...
leepa

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:30 am

have you got the rubber inserts to make the finger holes smaller?

If you have really tiny fingers, have a look at the japanese scissors.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:41 am

I use the rubber finger insets in ALL my scissors AND in my tweezers. Without those, the fingers slip.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  leepa on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:09 pm

I don't have the rubber inserts... Of course I want but are they universal? I thought they aren't cause the holes for fingers are different in every scissors. Bigger, smaller, round, oval, or even rectangular :l
leepa

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:08 pm

You have to buy the rubber inserts separate to the scissors. They have a couple of types.

http://www.dezynadog.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=187

http://www.dezynadog.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=740

http://www.dezynadog.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2585

yes, they will fit into any finger hole that is to big for you to use comfortably
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  leepa on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Mhmm... thank you very much Very Happy

Even if they won't fit they aren't very expensive. First I'll go to the hairdresser shop with my scissors. They should have something like that...
leepa

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:50 pm

leepa wrote:Even if they won't fit they aren't very expensive. First I'll go to the hairdresser shop with my scissors. They should have something like that...

Even if they don't have them, and they might not, they should be able to direct you to the right place. Here we have barber and beauty supply stores where the hairdressers buy their supplies, and sometimes the places that sharpen scissors carry them.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top