Changing teeth

Go down

Changing teeth

Post  Szende on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:26 am

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to ask you all you know about teeth changing, specially what is the right order of losing baby teeth? If any teeth can be seen at the back of a baby teeth, should the baby teeth be pulled out? Everywhere it is sad that puppies chew in this period, but my puppy seems to have tooth-aces, since he doesn't want to chew his favorite artificial bone, and doesn't want to play with gum ball, only with soft toys, made from textile.
Szende

Back to top Go down

Re: Changing teeth

Post  Jo on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Some dogs find fabric nicer to chew on. Some like a soaked piece of fabric that has been frozen, so it is cold on their sore gums. My pups have started to get their new teeth in now and are chewing a lot on their plastic bed but also on the 'Kong Wubba' which has hard fabric tails. I have even caught one having a chew on the metal legs of my small grooming table - must be nice and cold on their gums.

It is normal for the adult tooth to push out the baby tooth, so I wouldn't worry about it unless the adult tooth was nearly all through the gum and the baby tooth is still not wobbling and loose. You could try offering your pup hard treats like tripe sticks, frozen carrots etc. to encorage some chewing to help those teeth out.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 am

At this stage, you must be ready because the pup can bite and chew excessively. This is the stage where your furniture will have teeth marks.
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum