Reconising whites????

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reconising whites????

Post  MsBritmor on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Randi's Ushabti wrote:
Indeed, the PSK recognized Whites and Blak& Silver at the same time in 1968

Prinz v. Rheinstein, one of the three "pillars of the breed", was whelped in July 12, 1903 and was described as being "black with yellow markings". While he only lived about four years, he actually produced more descendents than the other two, Ch. S. Peter v. Westerberg (B) and S. Lord v. Dornbusch (SP). (From the book The Miniature Schnauzer by Anne Fitzgerald, 1935)

From her next book The Complete Miniature Schnauzer 1959, Anne F. (then) Paramoure said:

"By 1937 the German government had consolidated many breeding operations and the Pinscher-Schnauzer-Klub <snip>...

The rules have also been tightened in various ways. Only solid black, and gray pepper and salt colors are now recognized. The black and cream or silver dogs can no longer be used for breeding, though they are still entered in the studbook. Moreover, the two remaining colors can no longer be crossed as used to be the case. Black must be bred only to black, and pepper and salt to pepper and salt."

So black-and-silvers (or black-and-tans as the early ones were known in this country) were initially recognized by the Germans, so when we were importing schnauzers in the '20s and '30s, we also recognized them.

By the way, Germany was also producing particolors in the '20s. Odd that they never recognized those either.

Pedigree indicates what the animal should be.
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be.
But performance indicates what the animal actually is.
-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Randi's Ushabti on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:05 pm

AnnaD wrote:Very nice portrait Arnaud cheers
thank you
Randi's Ushabti

Back to top Go down

Post  Randi's Ushabti on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Alberto wrote:
Randi's Ushabti wrote:

Here you can read how I think about the most beautifull colour of Mini Schnauzers: http://www.randisushabti.be/White angel

Thank you for the link! thank you Interesting portrait of the breed, especially because it's not that easy to find something detailed about WM temperament in the web! Smile
Thnk you Alberto, I tried to write it straight from the heart.
Randi's Ushabti

Back to top Go down

Post  jellun on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:55 pm

MsBritmor wrote:
Just curious.... Does Germany (FCI) now recognize white Dobermans, white Boxers, and white German Shepherds? Are they shown in Europe along with their colored versions?

White German Shepherd is shown and named White Swiss Shepherd.
White Boxers... I heard they have health problems due the colour, but I am not sure...Im not in this breed.
White Dobermans...never saw! Embarassed
But other Dob colours I saw in US, are not recognized here!
jellun

Back to top Go down

Post  Randi's Ushabti on Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:16 pm

You can find all FCI standards here.
The Dobberman is only recognised in Black & Rust Red and in Brown & Rust red.
The Deutscher Boxer in Fawn and Brindle
Randi's Ushabti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top