Wich Database??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wich Database??

Post  snasapjasa on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 am

One of my big "nurdish" hobbys is looking into pedegrees. I just love it. And sometimes things popp up that can be realy usefulll, like you can see many offsprings and pictures of the dogs you like and so on.
The best database that ive found online is: http://www.zwerg-schnauzer.info/

Do you know of more databases that are usefull:)
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Re: Wich Database??

Post  Jo on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:59 am

The best one (though not good for photos) that went back to the founding dogs of the breed was www.mspedigree.com but it was very sadly taken down and looks like all that useful data will now be lost to us.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Jo wrote:The best one (though not good for photos) that went back to the founding dogs of the breed was www.mspedigree.com but it was very sadly taken down and looks like all that useful data will now be lost to us.

Jo wrote:The best one (though not good for photos) that went back to the founding dogs of the breed was www.mspedigree.com but it was very sadly taken down and looks like all that useful data will now be lost to us.

Well, it is not totally lost if anyone is **really** ambitious.... I would be tempted to try it, but I don't have a pedigree program that I use. I have put some of my dogs up on that zwerg-schnauzer one because of some misinformation on my pedigrees, but I find it very difficult to use.

MS Pedigree Archives

Those archives saved me once with some lost files I had on one of my sites because of a server crash and a new computer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, this forum is having a "brain-fart". (Never mention crashing servers, I guess...) I've tried posting several times now and the following post keeps coming up with no message, so now I'll try adding it to my original post:

Hmmmm.... don't know why that link didn't work, but if you copy and paste the URL, it will come up correctly. Must be a bug in this forum... too long or something. (*Note: HUGE BUG!!!!)

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.mspedigree.com We'll see if this one works better.... otherwise, copy and paste, as I said.

Nope, it didn't! Eradicated my original post and made that one blank, too. I signed off my internet access and signed back on, and am trying... one more time.... I am beginning to think the problem is with the forum, and not me at all.

Last edited by MsBritmor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MY MESSAGES WON'T POST! HELP!)

Pedigree indicates what the animal should be.
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be.
But performance indicates what the animal actually is.
-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  snasapjasa on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:45 am

I was so exited to see what msBritmor had to say about this. As she is the wise guy on this forum Smile
Pleas bring it on Wink
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:24 am

Dare I even try again? My posts kept coming up empty. I saved what I had written, so one more time....

Well, it is not totally lost if anyone is **really** ambitious.... I would be tempted to try it, but I don't have a pedigree program that I use. I have put some of my dogs up on that zwerg-schnauzer one because of some misinformation on my pedigrees, but I find it very difficult to use.

MS Pedigree Archives

Those archives saved me once with some lost files I had on one of my sites because of a server crash and a new computer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, this forum is having a "brain-fart". (Never mention crashing servers, I guess...) I've tried posting several times now and the following post keeps coming up with no message, so now I'll try adding it to my original post:

Hmmmm.... don't know why that link didn't work, but if you copy and paste the URL, it will come up correctly. Must be a bug in this forum... too long or something. (*Note: HUGE BUG!!!!)

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.mspedigree.com We'll see if this one works better.... otherwise, copy and paste, as I said.

Nope, that didn’t work either. I even quit my internet access and signed back on, and that still came up with a blank page…. Which I think I will now leave as proof that I really did try! I am saving this mess in the hopes that I will be able to post again shortly.

This time I even had my computer turned off, as we had a thunderstorm come through in the interim. Here we go.... I am about to hit... SEND!

Last edited by MsBritmor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Administrator contacted as posts still not working for me!)

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:04 am

snasapjasa wrote:I was so exited to see what msBritmor had to say about this. As she is the wise guy on this forum Smile
Pleas bring it on Wink

Press the quote button to her first post, as I have done to yours. In the reply box that then comes up, you will be able to read what she has said. However, when I tried to post a reply with her quoted, it refused to work!
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:08 am

Below is what MsBritmor was saying.

www.web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.mspedigree.com

Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  snasapjasa on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:50 pm

MsBritmor wrote:Dare I even try again? My posts kept coming up empty. I saved what I had written, so one more time....

MS Pedigree Archives

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nope, that didn’t work either. I even quit my internet access and signed back on, and that still came up with a blank page…. Which I think I will now leave as proof that I really did try! I am saving this mess in the hopes that I will be able to post again shortly.

This time I even had my computer turned off, as we had a thunderstorm come through in the interim. Here we go.... I am about to hit... SEND!
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Hellooooooo..... Administrator! We need some help here.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:34 pm

EUREKA!!!!! It appears to be working now... through some miracle of the Internet Gods... Here was my final difficult post I was trying to make so that no one has to try to view it through the "quote" button:

MS Pedigree Archives

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*New note to Administrator: I've noticed that the newer messages with images in them are showing with the "img html"... which should not be visible to us.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

scary scary scary scary scary scary

I think Ben Laible has put a hex on me for telling how to retrieve that pedigree information.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:57 pm

It doesn't seem to like your link being used more then once in a post. At least I managed to transfer the salinet point of your original post into a visible post on here.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:07 pm

And I thank you for that! And for figuring out how to view that post.... (although actually that link was only mentioned once in my first post).

Someone really should try to retrieve that information and save it for the schnauzer community.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:12 pm

Interesting! I tried clicking on that link I tried to put up and it said, "access denied". That must have something to do with the problem.

Here is the link to the archive site; just put in the website you are looking for. (It can take six months for sites to become available.)

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:15 pm

Problem solved, apparently.... but very, very weird!

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  jellun on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:50 am

Wow! Thats cool, we can still get some info from mspedigree.com

If you have problems or troubles with zwerg-schnauzer.info -just write me!
jellun

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:57 pm

D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top