to pee or not pee

View previous topic View next topic Go down

to pee or not pee

Post  i look like my schnauzer on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:21 pm

i have a male mini, 8yrs old, 16" tall and 26lbs. he had surgery to remaove stones that went all the way into his penis back in 2/09.

he has been prescribed hills science UD and he was fed one and one quater cup every day as per the bag for a twenty pound dog. he is too heavy (barely feel ribs) so i cut back to one full cup per day for the past three weeks. but he is always hunting for food in the house so i returned him bac to the higher amoun the vet says its a 50 percent chance he will get stones again if he is off the UD.

is there anyone out there in schnauzer land that has or is in my situation and what are you doing about it.

id like to change his food since the UD is mostly grains with little protein. this is why he is getting so fat.

any help is greatly apprecialted. thank you

i look like my schnauzer

Back to top Go down

Re: to pee or not pee

Post  dicasandrea on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Hello, I have a dog zwergschnauzer that I have done three years of calculations of calcium in the bladder, now she is eight years old and has had no problems eating UD. hunger I give her to chew the bones of buffalo and it works :-)) Andrea
dicasandrea

Back to top Go down

Post  i look like my schnauzer on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:01 pm

t/u andrea for responding. im thinking of taking him off the Ud and gettin something a lil more natural

i look like my schnauzer

Back to top Go down

Post  SchnauzkyLVR on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:58 pm

yeah natural stuff is great.. just do your research on what is best and what is harmful. best of luck! poor lil guy for getting stones! no fun!
SchnauzkyLVR

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:19 am

Drinking lots of water will keep the stones away. Water is very important especially in humans.
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum